City Residents

When is City Hall open?
City Hall is open Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm, except for city holidays and weather emergencies.
Where is the City Hall located?

The City Hall is located at: 
2032 Hanley Road
Dardenne Prairie, MO 63368

Located near the intersection of Town Square Avenue and Hanley Road, across the street from Imaculate Conception of Dardenne Prairie and connected to the Dardenne Prairie Athletic Complex.

What is the population of Dardenne Prairie?
In 2010, the population of the City of Dardenne Prairie was 11,494 residents.
In 2018, it is estimated to have approximately 13,360 residents.

Building & Codes

Where should I go to drop off my building plans?
Building plans and permits should be dropped off at Dardenne Prairie City Hall (2032 Hanley Rd, Dardenne Prairie, MO 63368). You may also submit plans by email at or by fax (636) 625-0077.
How long does it take to obtain a permit?
Residential permit reviews take approximately 10-14 business days to complete.  Commercial permit reviews take approximately 14-21 business days.
How long is a permit valid?
Building permits are valid for 360 days and may be extended for an additional fee.
Can I perform the work under the permit myself?
Work of a minor nature within a home does not require a licensed contractor, however, if excessive violations are noted at the time of the inspection, a licensed professional may be required. Commercial permits must have a wet seal on plans and licensed contractors listed.
I finished my basement without a permit. What should I do?
Submit an application with a drawing of completed/future work.
Is a permit required for concrete work?

No. Flatwork does not require a permit.

If my neighbor has tall grass what should I do?
If you believe your neighbors grass is too high, you may submit a concern using the online system.
Can a schedule my inspection for a certain time?
Inspections are scheduled on the hour. Inspections may run late depending upon the previous inspection.
What are construction hours in Dardenne Prairie?
Section 210.550
Noises Expressly Prohibited.
Construction or demolition-related activity in any zoning district which results in a sound level created thereby in a residential zoning district in excess of sixty-five (65) dbA (A-weighted sound pressure level), when the noise emitted is measured at the nearest residential property line to the property upon which the noise source is located, other than between the hours of:
On weekdays during the months of June, July and August: 6:30 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
On weekdays during the remaining months of the calendar year: 7:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
On Saturday: 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
On Sunday: 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
provided this shall not apply in the case of urgent necessity or in the interest of public safety and shall not be construed as limiting or precluding the repair, maintenance or construction of public facilities of the State, county or municipal governments, or such public or quasi-public municipal corporations as may be established under the Constitution or laws of the State of Missouri; the repair, maintenance or construction of private utility facilities.
Do I need an inspection to sell my house?
Yes. You do need to have an inspection and an occupancy certificate to sell your home.


Municipal Court

Will points be assessed against my driving record for this ticket ?
It depends on the citation.  You can contact the Missouri Department of Revenue via their website to find a listing of violations and the points that will be issued.
How do I avoid getting points assessed against my driver's license?
The Municipal Court does not assess points against your driver's license. That is a function of the Missouri Department of Revenue. You may contact an attorney to find out more information regarding specific charges.
Can I talk with the judge and/or prosecutor before my court date?
The Judge and Prosecutor are only available during court sessions.
Do I have to make payment the night of court?
The Judge does expect payment the night of court. If it is your first appearance and you do not have all of the fines/costs, you will need to speak to the Judge and set up payments. Once you are on a payment plan, the Judge is the only person that can extend or modify that agreement. If you cannot make your payment, you will need to appear on your court date and speak directly with the Judge.
What happens if I don't show up for my court date?
Each situation is different. There are a number of potential actions that could be taken; these include but are not limited to:
  • A bond could be forfeited
  • The Judge could send a courtesy letter
  • Motions could be filed against you
  • A warrant could be issued for your arrest for failure to appear in court

Your best bet is to appear on time, as scheduled and show respect for your judicial system.

Can't I just do a class and get put on probation?
The Judge is the only one that will decide what the sentence is in any given case.  When you come to court you can speak to the judge regarding your sentence.  Additionally, you may retain an attorney who will speak to the Prosecutor.  Any recommendation that is made will need to be approved by the Judge.
How do I get my license back?
There are several situations where a license may be confiscated. Therefore it is hard to answer your question. Contact the court and we will determine the best way to direct you. You can also call the Missouri Department of Revenue at 573-751-4600.
Will my insurance go up because of this ticket?
It depends on your insurance carrier, your previous driving record, and whether or not this ticket is for a moving violation. Check with your insurance agent.
Can I have a continuance?
You'll need to come to court on your assigned court date and ask the Judge.
How do I get this ticket "fixed"?
The Dardenne Prairie Municipal Court does not "fix" tickets. If you are asking how a ticket can be amended or points reduced, you will need to see an attorney. You might also appear in court without an attorney and speak to the Judge to make your request for leniency.
Can you recommend the name of an attorney?
It would be unethical for officers or staff of the Municipal Court to recommend an attorney. You might try contacting the Missouri Bar Association or consult the Yellow Pages' "Attorneys" section.
The police won't really come to my house or job to arrest me, will they?
The police are acting within their authority to arrest you at any place or time. A warrant for failure to appear in court is no different than any other arrest order. However, if you want to avoid the embarrassment of being arrested in front of your family, friends, fellow students, or coworkers, you have the option of surrendering yourself to your local police department and posting a bond, or paying fines and costs if they have been previously assessed.
You should note that all attempts will be made to satisfy the court's arrest order should you choose not to comply.
Can I have someone else appear for me?
This is not in your best interest, unless the person is an attorney. The Judge does realize there are extenuating circumstances that may prevent someone from appearing. Therefore, it would be better to have someone appear for you and explain to the Judge why you are not there, rather than not have anybody appear at all.
If a warrant is issued, when will it be active?
The warrant is active as soon as the Judge signs it.
What is the best time to show up for court and do you do first-come first-serve basis?
You should appear at the time indicated on your ticket, summons, or other court documents. It is very important to be at court on time, as the doors will be locked when the Judge gives that directive. If the court session is small, we could be done in a half hour or sooner.
Can I pay with a debit or credit card?
Payment options are cash, money order, or debit / credit cards.
Go to the Traffic Payment website to make a payment.
You will need your ticket / citation number and the amount owed.
Is there a dress code?

Proper attire is required for a court appearance.

General Unacceptable Attire

  • Hats
  • Inappropriate Pictures or Wording on Clothing
  • Shorts
  • Sleeveless Shirts

No shoes, no entry

Unacceptable Women's Attire

  • Halter Tops 
  • Midriff Tops
  • Short Shorts or Short Skirts

Unacceptable Men's Attire

  • Sagging Pants (Pants must be worn at waist) 
  • Tank or Muscle Man T-Shirts

Parks & Recreation

Can non-residents participate in youth athletic programs?

Non-residents are permitted to participate in department-sponsored youth athletic programs.

Can a person be a volunteer coach without having a child in the program?

Yes. Dardenne Prairie Parks & Recreation will assign teams to individuals without a child playing--after coaches/parents are assigned teams, accordingly. A background check will be performed on all volunteers involved in programs.

Can my child play with their friend's team?

Yes, players may be placed on the same team with friends. At the time of registration, you may request specific players or coaches.

How are teams formed?

Teams are formed based upon age and request. Once a team request has been satisfied, all players will be added to fill the roster. Teams are not based upon neighborhood or school location. If you would like to play with certain players from your neighborhood or school, you will need to know the names of those individuals at the time of registration.

When are practices held for youth baseball and softball leagues?

Practices are typically held on the weekends (Saturday and Sundays) at the coaches’ discretion. Some teams request to practice on Fridays.


Is there a curfew in Dardenne Prairie?

Yes, the curfew for persons under 17 years of age is 11 pm - 5 am, Sunday through Thursday, and 12 am - 5 am, Friday and Saturday.