Job Opening - Recreation and Outreach Coordinator
Please visit our Employment Opportunities page on the website and complete and employment applications. Please forward your application to City Administrator James W. Knowles III at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open until filled. First review of the applications will be on January 3rd, 2023. See below for more details on the position.
City of Dardenne Prairie Missouri
Recreation and Outreach Coordinator
Hours: 40 hours per week – Hourly Salary: $21.15/hr. min
Reports to: City Administrator Grade: 108
This position is responsible for providing leadership of the City’s Parks and Recreation activities. The position will plan, coordinate, and execute all recreation activities organized by and for the City. The position will also be responsible for all external communications, outreach, and promotion of the city’s activities through web-based media, social media, and conventional media platforms.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Plans, organizes, and directs all activities associated with the Parks and Recreation Department of the City.
- Organizes special events, including but not limited to: Prairie Day, Salvation Army Tree Lighting, Easter Egg Hunt, Summer Concert and Movie Series.
- Organizes and hosts monthly activities and trips for seniors.
- Oversee registration and scheduling of youth baseball leagues and coordination with umpires under contract to the C
- In conjunction with City staff, oversee operation of concession stand food & beverage services by one or more
- Handle reservations of field space, pavilions and meeting rooms through the Rec Desk reservation
- Create and produce flyers, brochures, press releases, detailing programs and special event information.
- Solicit sponsors' support of various
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers, seasonal staff, and others to assist with events
- Manage budget for recreational events
- Produce regular updates of City communications through the City’s website, print, and social media platforms.
- Conduct outreach through attendance at HOA Meetings, Chamber Meetings, Community Luncheons, etc.
- Prepare various reports as requested.
- Assists City staff with various project and performs other duties as assigned
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS FOR THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and equipment utilized in Parks & Recreation management
- Knowledge of conventional and social media communication methods, utilizing modern communication tools and platforms.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Skill in organizing and maintaining electronic and hardcopy records and files.
- Ability to multi-task with numerous interruptions and distractions.
- Skill in operating a computer, standard office equipment and software such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The City Administrator assigns work or provides general instructions on tasks; other City personnel may request assistance with tasks and projects from time to time. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with instructions, procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Frequently sitting at a desk for long periods of time. Occasional physical demands include walking, standing, kneeling, moderate lifting, and carrying.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work is typically performed both indoors and outdoors. Indoor work includes sitting at a computer for periods of time as needed to perform essential office work. Outdoor work may include assisting in event set up, preparing athletic fields, and physical monitoring and inspection of parks grounds.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: None
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree program in recreation, sports management, or closely related field.
- Minimum of 2 years recreation programming, event planning experience and demonstrated knowledge of customer service, public relations, and Will consider greater experience in lieu of a degree.
DESIRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- CPR/First Aid; Certified Park and Recreation Professional Certification (CPRP), knowledge and experience with Rec Desk reservation software.